Health Business Solutions LLC
As a Manager in Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management, you will play a pivotal role in leading and directing our team's efforts to optimize the financial health of healthcare organizations. This position blends healthcare expertise, advanced revenue cycle management proficiency, and management consulting skills. Consulting Managers will take ownership of developing and managing project plans with guidance from more senior team members and begin to set project performance goals. You will lead a team of consultants, collaborate closely with clients, and provide strategic guidance to enhance revenue cycle operations.
- Process Optimization: Lead and manage process improvement initiatives, streamlining operations, reducing inefficiencies, and maximizing revenue capture. Mentor and guide team members in process optimization efforts.
- Revenue Enhancement Strategies: Develop and execute revenue optimization strategies, including identifying new revenue streams, implementing best practices, and overseeing their execution.
- Billing Compliance & Risk Mitigation: Ensure billing and coding practices adhere to strict compliance regulations. Provide expert guidance in mitigating risks associated with regulatory non-compliance.
- Claims Management Excellence: Oversee and manage claims operations, monitoring claims submission, denials, appeals, and adjudication. Develop and implement advanced strategies to minimize denials and optimize reimbursement.
- Technology Integration: Leverage healthcare revenue cycle management software and data analytics tools to provide advanced solutions for clients, ensuring efficient utilization and overseeing their implementation.
- Performance Metrics and Reporting: Develop and oversee the implementation of comprehensive KPIs and performance metrics to track revenue cycle health. Present detailed reports and strategic recommendations to clients.
- Client Collaboration: Build strong client relationships and provide advanced consultative support. Oversee and guide client interactions, ensuring the success of their revenue cycle operations.
- Strategic Leadership: Lead strategic analysis of the revenue cycle, using data analytics, benchmarking, and market research to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement. Develop and oversee the implementation of comprehensive strategies.
- Champion Change: Establish rapport through interactions with key client stakeholders to ensure buy-in to support the change management process, overseeing facilitation of process improvements, training, and communication strategies.
- Mentorship: Take ownership of guiding the development of consulting acumen and healthcare revenue cycle expertise in more junior consultants.
- Onboarding: Play a significant role in the hiring and onboarding process for new team members.
- Promote our Brand: Build a professional network, taking opportunities to share marketing content on platforms such as LinkedIn to build positive brand awareness.
- Sales Support: Escalate client inquiries that could result in cross selling and upselling opportunities, providing input and SME support in the development of sales materials, such as case studies and pitch decks.
- Stay Informed: Stay up to date on the latest trends and developments in healthcare revenue cycle management, sharing helpful sources of industry information with others.
- Maintain Professionalism: Mentor use of situational discernment to follow best practice business acumen in communication, action, and appearance. Provide corrective feedback as needed.
- Ensure Regulatory Compliance: Adhere to healthcare regulations, such as HIPAA, while instilling adherence through mentorship of junior consultants. Begin to contribute to the maintenance of the compliance training program.
- Professional Development: Commit to continuous self-improvement, proactively requesting constructive input on a regular basis, holding others accountable to do the same and participating in the performance management process.
- Prioritize Balance: Be open with needs to maintain healthy work-life balance. Acknowledge when you need help, especially in the face of high priority deadlines. Mentor others in time management and self-awareness techniques.
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Finance, Business, or related field. Advanced degrees (MBA, MHA, etc.) are highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare reimbursement regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Proven experience (3-5 years) in healthcare or revenue cycle management, preferably in management consulting.
- Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation, including advanced analytics tools.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills to identify improvement opportunities and use sound judgement in developing and executing creative solutions mentoring others to do the same.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, with the ability to interact effectively with clients and team members.
- Leadership skills and the ability to lead change initiatives.
- Strong problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Willing and able to travel extensively as needed.